Human Resources Generalist- Dothan, Al @ Dsi Security
You gain more than just a paycheck when you are employed with DSI. From our biggest clients to our newest security officer, the values of DSI and our motto, Do What You Say You Will Do, are always present. Working for DSI is more than just a job – it’s a way of life.
DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI. We believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Starting a career with DSI can lead to a lifetime of possibilities.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI is adding to its ranks in our Corporate Office. Come join our fast-growing team as a Human Resources Generalist.
DSI Offers: Flexible Hours; Paid Vacation; Paid Training; Health Coverage including medical, dental and vision; a 401k plan; Superior Service Awards and various Employee Recognition.
DSI is looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs. HR Generalists have a broad knowledge of human resources functions. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law and look to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and recruitment strategies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. You’ll act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- BS/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- Additional HR training will be a plus
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid State Driver's License
Additional Information / Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan - With DSI match
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Training
- Superior Service Awards and Recognition
- Officer of the Month and Year Awards
- Flexible Hours .....And More
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.