Armed Security Officer @ Sunstates Security
Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 10 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are looking for an experienced and reliable Armed Security Officers to join our company. Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting designated people and places and should report noteworthy incidents to the company as they occur. You should also ensure that safety equipment remains in excellent working order.
Armed Security Officer Responsibilities:
- Protecting stipulated people and locations from harassment, physical attack, vandalism, and other forms of abusive or unauthorized treatment.
- Ensuring that your weapon is always well maintained and secure.
- Utilizing your weapon in times of extreme attack, when non-violent options have been exhausted.
- Attending refresher training in weapons use, if applicable.
- Completing and submitting incident reports after noteworthy developments.
- Recording the details of each person who visits the facility, if applicable.
- Ensuring that security equipment and measures are suitable, and that they always remain in excellent working condition.
- Implementing new security measures, if required.
- Ensuring that your uniform remains clean and well-maintained, and that you wear it while on duty.
Armed Security Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an Armed Security Officer.
- Relevant weapons license and training.
- Clear criminal record.
- Strong commitment to the well-being of others.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently, particularly when under duress.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Capacity to work on your feet for extended periods.
A Security Officer may perform a multitude of duties as specified by the Post Orders and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Security Officer will read and become extremely knowledgeable of Post Orders and SOP, and will be able to act quickly and efficiently according to such directives. Sun123
Education Requirements (Any)
Certification Requirements (All)
OC Spray and Handcuffs
Additional Information / Benefits
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions (as personally verified by Site Managers) are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance