Human Resource Manager @ Secur America
SecurAmerica is a privately-held, American-owned premium contract security services company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to provide legendary and responsive security service solutions to our client, which provide uncompromising value, cost effectiveness and results to our clients' diverse business needs. Our business model is based on creating and delivering operational excellence to each and every customer by selecting the right people, training them to exceed our customers' requirements and providing them with a culture that is focused on 100% customer and employee satisfaction. This model has earned us the respect of the security industry, fueled robust growth in every market we have entered and resulted in high annual employee and customer retention rates that serve as industry benchmarks.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Manager of Human Resources will have full responsibility for human resources and compliance. This position leads all aspects of the HR operation.
• Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates HR departmental staff consistent with SA’s human resources practices and policies. Provides direction and directives to staff in the performance of their responsibilities, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Evaluates departmental results, structures and staff for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the departments.
• Maintains morale and high retention rates. Recommends and implements coaching, development and corrective action of departmental staff to maintain high performance standards.
• Main point of contact for all Unions, for approximately 20 different sites/contracts. Leads negotiations and respond to NLRB claims, election notices and grievances in tandem with the Chairman & CEO. Participate in arbitration as needed.
• Investigate and resolve employee issues and complaints.
• Respond to EEOC and HHS claims.
• Develop and conduct specialized training for supervisors, managers and employees.
• Manage HR related legal issues. Work with attorneys on claims and lawsuits.
• Review and approve Corrective Action Reports and/or change of status reports resulting in suspension or termination.
• Oversight of uniforms, security clearances, compliance (JPAS access), recruiting and onboarding through the management of a staff of 6 HR employees.
• Compliance reporting for EEO1 and Vets100.
• Lead the negotiation and development of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 10+ years of Human Resource experience including employee and labor relations and policy development.
• Successful progression of management experience in all aspects of human resources.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field required.
• MBA/Master’s degree preferred.
• PHR/SPHR certification required.
• This position requires a high energy, change agent with strong interpersonal skill, the highest degree of diplomacy, outstanding judgment and unyielding integrity.
• Attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Deadline oriented
• Positive-oriented personality; team player and team builder
• Strong written, interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
• Sound judgment and maturity
• Ability to successfully pass a thorough background investigation and drug test
• Valid driver’s license
• Professional office setting
• Occasional lifting of office supplies and other material associated with position
• Requirements will vary; must be able to perform the essential duties of position with or without a reasonable accommodation
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
SecurAmerica LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical handicap, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance