Shift Supervisor (automotive - Starting Rate $20.25) @ Secur America
SecurAmerica is a privately-held, American-owned premium contract security services company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Our Detroit Central Region Office opened June 2018 in Downtown Detroit. Our mission is to provide legendary and responsive security service solutions to our client, which provide uncompromising value, cost effectiveness and results to our clients' diverse business needs. Our business model is based on creating and delivering operational excellence to each and every customer by selecting the right people, training them to exceed our customers' requirements and providing them with a culture that is focused on 100% customer and employee satisfaction. This model has earned us the respect of the security industry, fueled robust growth in every market we have entered and resulted in high annual employee and customer retention rates that serve as industry benchmarks.
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the supervision and direction of security and fire prevention personnel and activities according to the corporate and site specific standard operating procedures designed to protect and preserve corporate assets and personnel.
Major Duties of Position
• Through supervision of Security Officers, Fire Marshals, and Team Leaders, the position is responsible for ensuring the protection of the company's facility and the safety of its employees working therein by implementing and monitoring loss prevention programs established for this purpose.
• Advises and reports to the Operations Manager, by verbal and written report, matters affecting the operation of the department and plant.
• Directs and monitors the activities of all security employees in the performance of their responsibilities.
• Responsible for the development and training of their employees.
• Responsible for the quality of work performed by their employees.
• Develops and maintains lines of communication with company's Management at all levels to ensure efficient operations.
• Responsible for enhancing and maintaining a favorable image and attitude amongst their subordinates.
• Assists in the implementing and monitoring of loss control programs.
• Provides the Operations Manager with quantitative and qualitative feedback on the performance of their shift.
• Understand and follow standard operating procedures; Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; Investigate and complete required reports; and make independent judgment decisions within policy and procedures.
• Responsible for the specialized technical duties relating to the proper functioning of the access control system and/or fire system.
1. Bachelor´s degree in Criminal Justice or Business Administration, or equivalent work related experience required
2. Minimum three years of Security experience, with a proven track record as an operator
3. Minimum one year of experience in a leadership/mid-management position
4. Military/Law Enforcement background strongly preferred
5. Must have working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures
6. State of Michigan driver’s license required (no more than one moving violation in past 24-months)
7. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with staff and the public
- U.S.A. Citizen, or valid work authorization credentials
- Ability to pass Drug and criminal Background screening
- Pass annual driver’s test, and driver’s record review
- Be certified or be able to complete First Aid/CPR/AED training
- Ability to walk, speak, sit, smell and stand
- Correctable hearing and sight to normal limits
- Ability to grasp writing instruments, tools, controls, radio, cell phone, other equipment
- Occasional lifting of office supplies and other materials associated with position
- Requirements will vary; must be able to perform the essential duties of position
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience Preferred
Additional Information / Benefits
SecurAmerica LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical handicap, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance