Gated Community Security Officer @ Sunstates Security
Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 25 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently hiring Full-time and Part-time Security Officers for an upscale community located in the Disney Resort/Lake Buena Vista area. A current Class D license is REQUIRED for all applicants as well as 3 years licensed driving experience with safe driving record. Excellent customer service skills and professional, polished appearance are a MUST. The starting pay is $13.75/hour.
This position maintains the physical security of personal property and safety of owners and guests within the gated Community by enforcing all Community Rules. Primary duties include, but not limited to:
- Observes facilities from a fixed post or by patrolling in vehicle
- Monitors behavior and enforces security regulations
- Identifies and reports violators as appropriate
- Communicates security violations or other threats to physical security (fire, disorder, any emergency)
- Serves as first point of contact in emergency situations
- Serves as liaison to law enforcement, fire agency personnel, or emergency medical personnel from federal, state, or local agencies
- Prepares reports of all incidents involving criminal and security violations
- Ensures calls are resolved. Documents shift activity in the Daily Activity Log
- Monitors access control, intrusion detection, fire alarm, video surveillance systems, and CCTV
- Proactively maintains an environment that is safe and secure in appearance and in actuality
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times
- Attempts to diffuse or prevent dangerous or criminal activities whenever possible
- Educates owners and guests regarding security policies and regulations
- Assists owners and guests with issues relating to security (security escorts, providing directions, assisting with Community Rules, etc.)
- Promotes an ongoing attitude of customer service
- Receives all emergency calls point of contact
- External contacts are infrequent
- Prepares end of day incident reports
Assignment of Work
- Work is subject to close supervisory oversight and review
- Detailed instructions are given on new assignments
- Follows established procedures on recurring assignments
- Escalates all or most non-routine issues or problems to senior personnel for resolution
- 1-2 years of experience in the security industry
- Associate degree/High School Diploma or equivalent
- Has basic knowledge of the Community Rules
- Basic Knowledge of Federal, state, local laws and ordinances, security/law enforcement equipment, security protective systems (fire alarms, building access, etc.), and CCTV experience
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred
A Security Officer may perform a multitude of duties as specified by the Post Orders and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Security Officer will read and become extremely knowledgeable of Post Orders and SOP, and will be able to act quickly and efficiently according to such directives. Sun123
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Florida D License
Additional Information / Benefits
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions (as personally verified by Site Managers) are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance