Parental Guidance Requirement Officer @ Andyfrain Service
Parental Guidance Requirement (PGR) Officer
Friday and/or Saturday evenings. 3:30pm-9:00pm
Provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. Security Officers must maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times
PGR (Parental Guidance Requirement) Officers will interact with the public and the mall's entrances. They are responsible for checking ID and permitting or denying entry to the mall. Position may lead to part time or full time Public Safety Officer position based on performance and property knowledge.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian traffic.
- Escort of material and personnel.
- Special assignments.
- Be on time and report to post in full uniform.
- Maintain professional image that includes greeting customers, visitors and employees in a polite and friendly manner.
- Be proactive in knowing all revisions to post orders and general information distributed by the customer and AFS.
- Patrol physical property or maintain fixed post position, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and investigate accidents and criminal acts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
- Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
- Make recommendations to management on better safety and loss prevention processes as identified during daily routine.
- Have knowledge of any life safety systems, fire panels, CCTV system computer, and other such equipment to complete job assignments. Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors. Know authorized contractor personnel who are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Ensure training and compliance guidelines are met as outlined by AFS and other agencies regulating the customer / market.
- Communicate on a daily basis with Security Supervisor any new Security Issues or changes that need to be considered or implemented.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Pass a regulated drug test (where required).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employement is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- A security officer is to be honest, alert and well disciplined as the custodians of employee and customer property and safety.
- Constant and dedicated vigilance.
- Strong customer service skills, exemplifying Andy Frain Services Mission Statement.
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Must be able to maintain a single post / standing, for up to 6 hours with breaks.
- Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand, climb stairs and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a security officer.