Flex Security Officer - West Side Jacksonville @ Dsi Security
You gain more than just a paycheck when you are employed with DSI. From our biggest clients to our newest security officer, the values of DSI and our motto, Do What You Say You Will Do, are always present. Working for DSI is more than just a job – it’s a way of life.
DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI. We believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Starting a career with DSI can lead to a lifetime of possibilities.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI is adding to its ranks in the Jacksonville, Florida area. Come join our team as a Flex Security Officer to serve the Jacksonville West Side.
This position will require the Flex Security Officer to work at multiple locations in the West Side Jacksonville area. The successful candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule that may change from week to week and include availability to work any shift needed with short notice at times.
This position does require a valid State of Florida Class D Security License.
DSI offers: Flexible Hours; Paid Vacation; Paid Training; Complimentary Uniforms, Health Coverage including medical, dental and vision; a 401k plan; Superior Service Awards and various Employee Recognition.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees while providing general security duties to our client.
- Interact with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, employees and the general public.
- Following post instructions specific to the client.
- Ability to work in all-weather elements.
- Promoting safety by being alert to observe, correct and report any hazards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Maintain visibility to ensure safety and deter unacceptable activities.
- Staying at your post until your replacement has arrived.
- Understanding and complying with DSI and Client requirements.
- Having a good understanding and following DSI’s Code of Ethics and Employee Standard.
- Participate in training and become familiar with general safety procedures, as well as DSI’s safety manual.
- Attend and continue to receive security officer training as required by Client or DSI’s training program.
- Present oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct.
- Be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid State of Florida Class D License
- Have a valid driver's license
- Able to work a flexible schedule and various shifts.
- Ability to work at any DSI location in the Miami Branch area.
- Have reliable means of transportation and communication
- Pass all required background and drug screenings
- Be customer service oriented
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to perform routine foot patrol and do moderate lifting
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Class D or G License
Valid State Driver's License
Additional Information / Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan - With DSI match
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Training
- Complimentary Uniforms
- Superior Service Awards and Recognition
- Officer of the Month and Year Awards
- Flexible Hours .....And More
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.