Armed Control Room Security Officer @ Sunstates Security
Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 10 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Sunstates Security is currently hiring full-time Armed Security Command Center dispatchers in uptown Charlotte. The dispatcher will be responsible for monitoring multiple security systems, detecting and responding to emergency situations and notifying and directing response personnel to any situations within the facility.
The starting pay rate for this position is $13.87/hour.
- Access Control – Use CCTV to monitor all door/gate activity, responding to alarms as necessary. Monitor badge access controlling access as necessary.
- Customer Service – Support access badge control program. Always be and look professional. Provide client and customer responses in a timely manner.
- Safety & Emergency Response – Respond as trained. Provide calm and timely directions to responding officers while monitoring situation.
- Dispatch officers as required based on situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of three (3) year security/dispatch experience.
- Armed security officer experience
- Prior experience with security systems including access control, alarm monitoring, CCTV & video.
- Prior experience in a law enforcement or fire dispatch center a plus.
- Comfortable with computers and their operation.
Strong consideration will be given to an applicant with the above skills that has a demonstrated proficiency with a semi-automatic handgun to become PPSB Armed Certified.
A Security Officer may perform a multitude of duties as specified by the Post Orders and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Security Officer will read and become extremely knowledgeable of Post Orders and SOP, and will be able to act quickly and efficiently according to such directives.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification Requirements (Any)
NC Armed Security Officer License/Certification
Additional Information / Benefits
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions(as personally verified by Site Managers) are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance