Security Officer Needed For Prestigious Hospitality Property @ Dsi Security
You gain more than just a paycheck when you are employed with DSI. From our biggest clients to our newest security officer, the values of DSI and our motto, Do What You Say You Will Do, are always present. Working for DSI is more than just a job – it’s a way of life.
DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI. We believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Starting a career with DSI can lead to a lifetime of possibilities.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI is adding to its ranks in the Miami, FL area to work at a Prestigious Hospitality Property. Come join our fast-growing team as a Security Officer.
DSI is looking for a competent Security Officer to enhance the security of the premises and protection of staff and visitors. Officers will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and assist in preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation.
DSI offers: Flexible Hours; Paid Vacation; Paid Training; Complimentary Uniforms, Health Coverage including medical, dental and vision; a 401k plan; Superior Service Awards and various Employee Recognition.
Additional Benefits: Free uniforms, Free covered parking, break room for officers, marker on site for food and beverages.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees while providing general security duties to our client.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- Interact with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, employees, and the general public.
- Address wrongdoers or trespassers and communicate with Law Enforcement for removal.
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Identify perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
- Promoting safety by being alert to observe, correct and report any hazards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Present oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct.
- Proven experience as security officer
- Be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid State of Florida Class D Security License
- Valid driver's license
- Have reliable means of transportation and communication
- Pass all required background and drug screenings
- Be customer service oriented
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills; Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Able to perform routine foot patrol and do moderate lifting
License # BB1500017
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
State of Florida Class D Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan - With DSI match
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Training
- Complimentary Uniforms
- Superior Service Awards and Recognition
- Officer of the Month and Year Awards
- Flexible Hours .....And More
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.