Supervision of all employees assigned to the Security department, with full responsibility for performance management of said staff. Manage and oversee all assigned areas in order to maintain a safe environment for all employees, vendors, and personnel. Support all areas in their security needs and be an integral part of the facility needs. Establish working relationships with local police and fire departments, as well as, with facility reports and others. Demonstrates and abides by Andy Frain Services Core Values and the operating principles set forth, while maintaining 100% compliance w/all staff training. Observes and reports activities and incidents providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Supervisors must possess and maintain a professional image and must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Performs the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.
2. The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with our customers is critical to the completion of all the tasks within this job description. The ability to greet all visitors, vendors, and employees; while continuously maintaining the standards of excellence in presentation and professionalism. This is also a requirement of your staff.
3. Provide lead direction at assigned client site(s); to enforce security/safety programs and ensure that post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that adequate reports and logs are filed daily and weekly.
4. Develop and implement security procedures and compliance with facility policies and procedures and applicable stated and federal laws. Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations; respond immediately to emergency alarms or calls for help, determine course of action, notify appropriate authorities and assist as needed.
5. Knowledge of life safety systems, fire panels, CCTV system computers, the Micro-Lite System. Staff is to ensure the continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors is critical. Maintain contact with authorized personnel/contractors who are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of said devices.
6. Equipment operation will include use of portable radios, telephones, copy and fax machines, computers and tools. This includes making daily inspection of all vehicles assigned to job site and noting any damages so that repairs can be handled immediately thus maximizing use of the units at all times.
7. May counsel and discipline personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents counseling and disciplinary actions.
8. Assists in the training of Security Officers and Shift Lead Officers, and review of post orders ensuring that Guards have competent knowledge of assignments.
9. Communicate with Operations manager daily and weekly regarding account performance and Security Guard performance. Communicate daily and weekly regarding security and safety issues/changes that need to be implemented.
10. Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
11. In conjunction with company management or designated company representatives acts to ensure adequate security coverage of all posts.
12. Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with Staff to outline tasks and responsibilities. Ensure that Staff sign in and out for their scheduled shifts accurately for every shift.
13. Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
14. Carry out other duties as assigned by Director of Security and Operations Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent; Associates Degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in loss prevention, life safety, CCTV systems and access computer system.
- One year (1yrs) of which must be in the capacity of a supervisory position within the Security Industry.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- CPR and First Aid Certification a plus.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
· Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
· Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned site.
· Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
· Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
· Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
· Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
· Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
· Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
· Ability to be an effective team member.
· Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
· Courteous telephone manner.
· Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
· Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
· Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
· Good organizational skills.
· Strong customer service and results orientation.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
· Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
· May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
· Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements and site-specific requirements.
· Directing staff in a positive manner.
· May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
· Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
· Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
· Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
· Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
· Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
· Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and additional lifting and/or moving ability as might be required for the assigned site.
· Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
· On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
· Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.
· Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
· May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Andy Frain Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.